all the latest news
Optimal Competition Parenting Workshop
Mon 04 Jun 2018 15:30
The aim of this workshop is to provide attendees with the knowledge and skills needed to optimally support their child at tennis competitions.
The workshop will take place at Graves Health and Sports Centre on Wednesday 27th June from 6.00 - 9.00pm.
The workshop is designed for tennis parents with children between the ages of 9 and 14 years who have either just started competing or who regularly play in competitions.
The interactive Parent Workshop has been designed in partnership with Loughborough University to address the specific needs of British Tennis parents. The topics covered during the workshop will include:
- Parents’ roles during tennis competitions
- Children’s perceptions of optimal parenting behaviour at competitions
- Supportive vs. pressurising behaviours: What is the difference?
- Communicating effectively with children before, during and after a match
- Managing the emotional demands of competition
- Engaging in role model behaviours
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOPS WILL NOT COUNT FOR COACHING ACCREDITATION CREDITS OR OFFICIALS LICENCE CREDITS
To book a place on the workshop visit https://www.lta.org.uk/coach-teach/courses/class/?classId=1-GRGL6RG